OLL High School Communication
New Teacher Guide - Action Needed
We are sharing this New Teacher Guide to assist in schools when hiring new teachers. Topics included consist of: New Teacher Induction Registration Flyer, Monitoring of new teacher onboarding process, and distribution of technology. The action required is at each school site when hiring new teachers.
End of Year Secondary Music Course Checklist - Action Needed
Leadership Celebration RSVP and Together We Lead - Action Needed
Join us June 3, 2019 from 8am – 3:30 pm at River Ridge High School’s Center for Performing Arts for our annual Leadership Celebration. Please don’t forget to RSVP.
A delicious lunch from Carrabba’s will be provided by Horace Mann. There will be protein, pasta and veggie options available. Check out the agenda for the day.
All district and school-based administrators are asked to join us on July 22, 23, and 24th at Charles S. Rushe Middle School for learning around Every Opportunity.
Additional Instructional Materials/Textbook Funds and Processes – FYI- Important
As we move forward with implementing a new process that we hope will bring additional flexibility and support to schools, we wanted to share some important details, revisions, dates and next steps. Below please find a summary of the process (including revisions based on feedback) as well as links for the additional information you will need. Also, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Lea Mitchell, Lisa Luker or Joel Ortiz if you have any additional questions.
- Schools receive an annual amount, based on ADM, of funds to support on-going textbook needs outside of district provided adoptions/purchases, for example (reordering of consumable materials, courses not included in adoptions, replacement Teacher Editions, etc.). 19-20 School Based Instructional Materials Allocations.xlsx
- These funds will be made available in your cost center on June 24th
- Prior to the funds being in your account please take the following steps:
- Review your school’s instructional materials/textbook needs
- Review your school’s “19-20 School Based Instructional Materials Allocations.xlsx” allocation
- Request any quotes for the materials that you are hoping to order (you’ll be happy to have this when your funds arrive and it will be required for any additional funds you request)
- Based on needs and quotes, determine if you have enough funds to support your additional textbook needs
- If you have needs above and beyond, please submit a REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL FUNDS using this link. You will need to provide justification and a quote for any additional requests.
- Submit requests for ADDITIONAL FUNDS by June 15th so we are able to include the “approved amounts” when we send funds on the 24th.
- Please note- part of the approval process will require us to look at other potential funding sources for textbooks, so please be sure you have assessed your accounts prior to requesting additional funds.
- A summary of the process can be found using this Annual School Based Instructional Materials Allocation Process.docx or found in OLL Sharepoint
Instructional Coaching Candidate Lists – FYI
The instructional coaching candidate lists are now housed in the School Supports Management Sharepoint for easy access to all administrators. When you are looking for an instructional coach and/or matching who applied for your instructional coach position, you can reference the candidate lists there. Once you have entered the Schools Supports Management Sharepoint, please click onDocuments on the left hand side and then scroll down to Pasco County Coaching. The specific file is named Coach Candidate List. This list is constantly updated as we add internal and external candidates who are accepted into one or more pools and we update information about current candidates.
If you have any specific questions about instructional coaching candidates, please contact Leah Zufall at email@example.com or 813-794-2454.
Florida Seal of Biliteracy and guidelines – FYI
The Florida Seal of Biliteracy Program is established to recognize high school graduates who have attained a high level of competency in listening, speaking, reading and writing in one or more foreign languages, in addition to English, by the award of a silver or gold seal on a standard high school diploma. For information regarding guidelines on how to award credit, refer to this document.
Science Newsletters for May-June – FYI
We want to take a moment to thank all of you for helping make our first year as your District science leads a successful and enjoyable experience. We appreciate the support and the openness to try new things and collaborate. We also appreciate the patience you have demonstrated as we learn all of the ins and outs of this position. We are excited for the future of science in Pasco and look forward to collaborating with many more of you this summer and into next year. We wanted to share some updates and previews of what’s to come in the world of science in Pasco.
High School Science Newsletter (May-June) – https://www.smore.com/dtqez
Instructional Materials Recycling Request- Summer 2019 – FYI-Reminder
We are once again reaching out to aid in the removal of out of date, out of adoption, obsolete and other materials not used or further supported in your schools.
Please work with your plant manager to complete the “Recycling Request” by 05/28/19 and to determine the process for removal that best meets the current needs of your school. We realize that some schools are in desperate need of removal and others may not be able to prioritize this project right now-either of those and everything in between can be supported with this work.
Note: Please feel free to reach out to the Office for Leading and Learning to inquire about any materials in question. They are up to date on current adoption cycles as well as primary and supplementary materials.
Email group: OLL_supportstaff@pasco.k12.fl.us
Recycle Request: https://ryu.pasco.k12.fl.us/do-mform/view.php?id=138772
School-Based PLC courses– FYI- Reminder
The completion date for the School-Based PLC courses for this year was April 26th. The deadline to process attendance and points for the teachers in myPGS was May 17th ,2019. If you marked any teachers at your school as receiving “Partial Credit” , please be sure to notify Jennifer Rinck.
|May 6 – 17||AP Exam Window|
District Finals Window
|May 20||Kindergarten Registration|
|May 28||FLPBIS Walkthroughs completed|
Distribute End of Year Transportation Letter informing parents of the assigned bus stop for the upcoming school year
|May 22 – 29||Return of audiology equipment|
Last Date to Enter Requisitions for FY 2017 – 2018 (subject to change)
Last Day for students
Promotion to Fourth Grade Good Cause Exemptions Due
Principal approved tests for courses due
Teacher Planning Days