OLL High School Communication
Instructional Materials Recycling Request- Summer 2019: Action Needed
We are once again reaching out to aid in the removal of out of date, out of adoption, obsolete and other materials not used or further supported in your schools.
Please work with your plant manager to complete the “Recycling Request” by 05/28/19 and to determine the process for removal that best meets the current needs of your school. We realize that some schools are in desperate need of removal and others may not be able to prioritize this project right now-either of those and everything in between can be supported with this work.
Note: Please feel free to reach out to the Office for Leading and Learning to inquire about any materials in question. They are up to date on current adoption cycles as well as primary and supplementary materials.
Email group: OLL_supportstaff@pasco.k12.fl.us
Recycle Request: https://ryu.pasco.k12.fl.us/do-mform/view.php?id=138772
School-Based PLC courses - Action Needed
The completion date for the School-Based PLC courses for this year is today, April 26th. You are now able to process attendance and points in myPGS for your teachers following the directions below. Please strive to have this completed by Friday, May 17th as many teachers are waiting on these points for recertification.
ESY Student Names – Action Needed
Fall Registration - Action Needed
Please reference the Fall Online DE Course Request Worksheet for important upcoming dates and deadlines. Please share the dates and deadlines on the course request worksheet with all of your eligible students as well as their parents. There are three proposed changes to the DE Agreement that will impact Fall registration pending board approval of the DE agreement.
- Proposed language allowing students to register for a 10-week term in situations where an extenuating circumstance/hardship exists. This language would be for students who are unable to get into a course in the 15-week term that is essential to their progression or graduation requirements. More information will be shared with APs and counselors on logistics.
- Proposed language allowing eligible 9th grade students to enroll in up to 3 DE credit hours online. This is a change because 9th graders have only been allowed to take courses on the HS campus. If the DE course they are interested in is offered on the HS campus they must take it at the HS. Dates/times have been added to the course request worksheet for registration for any 9th grade student who may want to take an online DE course.
- Pasco eSchool has been approved to offer 2 courses and the plan is to make these CGS 1100 (Microcomputer Applications) and SPC 2608 (Public Speaking). We hope to have these ready for Fall. If so, students interested in these courses must take them through eSchool (not at PHSC) if they are not offered on your HS campus. We will keep you updated.
Advancing Leaders Academy 2019-2020 – FYI
Advancing Leaders Academy provides aspiring school and district leaders with professional learning and personalize growth opportunities related to Leadership Excellence.
Do you have interest in the following:
- Aligning yourself with Pasco County Schools’ Vision of Leadership Excellence
- Polishing and refining your personal leadership skills
- Discovering the interconnectedness of our district
- Networking and building relationships with leaders from across our county
If so, Advancing Leaders Academyis for you!
Participants will engage in seven full-day sessions:
Session 1: Developing a Strong Core and Growth Mindset
Session 2: Leading and Learning Together
Session 3: Shaping a Vision of Excellence
Session 4: Systems Thinking (Focus on Schools)
Session 5: Systems Thinking (Focus on District Departments)
Session 6: Managing and Leading
Session 7: Cultivating Leadership in Everyone
Hear from our 2018-2019 Advancing Leader Academy Graduates!
Apply Today! The application is open from 4/25/19 to 5/12/19.
Contact Vaughnette Chandler, Coordinator for Leadership Development at firstname.lastname@example.org 813-794-2710 for more information.
Dual Enrollment Teacher Supplement– FYI
Please reference the signed MOU that outlines the additional compensation for DE teachers. DE teachers will receive communication in the coming weeks detailing this information as well as when they should expect to receive their supplement.
Florida Seal of Biliteracy and guidelines – FYI
For information about the criteria to earn the Florida Seal of Biliteracy and guidelines on how to award credit, refer to this document.
|May 6 – 17||AP Exam Window|
May 6 – 10
|Teacher Appreciation Week|
|May 10||ESY Allocations worksheets and rosters due|
District Finals Window
|May 20||Kindergarten Registration|
|May 28||FLPBIS Walkthroughs completed|
Distribute End of Year Transportation Letter informing parents of the assigned bus stop for the upcoming school year
|May 22 – 29||Return of audiology equipment|